CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 26, 2007

New York City in April.....

This past weekend, Jen and I traveled up to New York City for our 12th anniversary. I was the first trip (longer than an overnight) we've had without the boys. We stayed with my friend up near Central Park.

We did some site-seeing on Friday, the World Trade Center site and the Seaport, and met up with my brothers for dinner at Tony's. If you're ever in the city, Tony's is a great Italian restaurant on 2nd Ave just south of 86th Street.

We got up Saturday and headed downtown to do some shopping. I surprised Jen with a "What Not To Wear" shopping spree. We hit a couple stores and walked the town for all of Saturday.

It's amazing how large New York is. And how many people there are. Until you visit, you really don't get the full affect. And the weather was AMAZING! 75 and sunny every day.

I think I can speak for Jen when I say I'd go back this weekend if we could. It was just so great to be adults again. I think it was one of the best anniversary's we've ever had.

Being in the city with the person you love the most was truly a great experience. I thank God every day for bringing Jen into my life. It's been the best 16 years of my life.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Jen told me what a great time you had. Glad you got to get away together.